I am his visionary trainner

A trader, Fatimo Nurudeen, on
Friday pleaded with an Agege Customary
Court in Lagos State to dissolve her 12-
year-old marriage for alleged frequent
beating and fetish practice by her husband.
Fatimo, 31, who lives at 32, Akiode St., Ibafo,
Ogun, told the court that her husband beats
her frequently.



“I don’t think my husband is normal because
he beats me as if we are in a boxing
competition.
“Also, he brought home a substance
suspected to be fetish in nature and put it in
our room. I was afraid of it, and my children
and myself had to run for our dear lives from
our matrimonial home.
“My husband drinks to stupor and smokes
Indian hemp, after which he usually loses
self control.
“I do not love him anymore, I want a
dissolution of our marriage ,” the mother of
two children; ages seven years and ten years
said.
Fatimo also told the court that she had been
the one responsible for the upkeep of her
children before and after she had packed out
of her husband’s house three years’ ago.
“I want the custody of my children but I want
him to be responsible for their monthly
upkeep,” she said.
The husband, Ayomide Yakubu, 35, a welder
by occupation, failed to appear in court.
The President, Mr Phillips Williams, told the
woman to maintain the peace and ordered
the court registrar to serve Yakubu another
court summons.
Williams adjourned the case to June 1 for
further hearing.(NAN)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlight

My life under threat

 The human right activist, convener of #revolutionnow and formal presidential candidate in Nigeria,

Major news of all time