A Toyota camry ran into a woman and 4 kids on walk way.

An out-of-control Uber taxi driver plowed into a woman and four children on a Bronx sidewalk, critically injuring one child, as they waited for a school bus Wednesday morning, police and witnesses said.

A 34-year-old woman and her son, 5, and daughter, 8, were hit by the 2014 black Toyota Camry in the Fordham area about
7:45 a.m., cops said. A 11-year-old boy and 7-year-old girl who were on the sidewalk were also struck.

"When I came down, I saw all of the people crying, screaming, going crazy,” said witness Nilda Guerrero, 57, who lives close by where the taxi jumped the curb on E. Kingsbridge Rd. near Valentine Ave.


Guerrero, who said she went to nursing school, tried to help one of the victims, a young boy.

“I just got down, held his hand, and tried to calm him,” she said. “He was bleeding from his mouth, his nose, his leg.”

The distraught boy told her his name was Miguel.

"He was crying for Mommy,” Guerrero said. “He said, ‘I want to see my sister. Where's my little sister?’ You could see the pain and desperation on his face.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlight

My life under threat

 The human right activist, convener of #revolutionnow and formal presidential candidate in Nigeria,

Major news of all time