kim Davids challenge Obama.

Kim Davis is willing to go back to jail, she said Wednesday night.

The Kentucky county clerk was released earlier this month after she agreed not to prevent her deputies from issuing marriage licenses to
gay couples in Rowan County.

But she’s prepared to go back behind bars, she told Fox News’ Megyn Kelly in an interview on “The Kelly File.” And Davis never thought of resigning when it became clear that a federal judge would rule her in contempt over her refusal to certify local couples' vows, she said.


“If I resign, I lose my voice. Why should I have to quit a job that I love, that I’m good at?” Davis said. “I’ve been a county employee and served the public well for over 26 years before I got elected.”

She added, “It just comes back to, you know, they can accommodate for all sorts of other issues, and we ask for one simple accommodation and we cannot receive it. I mean, it just doesn’t seem right.”

Kelly asked Davis if her attempt to block gay marriage in the county would lead to members of other religions refusing to uphold the country’s laws over their views.


FOX NEWS
Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis said she's willing to return to jail over her objections to gay marriage licenses in Rowan County in an interview on Fox News Wednesday night.

FOX NEWS
Davis cast her fight against gay marriage as a "simple accommodation" in her interview with Megyn Kelly on "The Kelly File."
“So you have millions of Christians who object to this whole same-sex marriage issue,” Davis said. “Are their rights invalid? Are their rights not worth anything? I mean, it’s a valid point and it’s a fight worth fighting for.”

Davis has removed her name and county from marriage license forms in violation of her federal court order, a Rowan County deputy clerk alleged in a court filing Friday. Davis’ attorney argues that the changes to the forms don’t render them void.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlight

My life under threat

 The human right activist, convener of #revolutionnow and formal presidential candidate in Nigeria,

Major news of all time