The guy who stole my phone, I ran faster than him.Serena Williams.

The Grand Slam tennis champion says she chased down a petty crook who allegedly snatched her phone in a Chinese restaurant on Tuesday.

“So yesterday at dinner the CRAZIEST THING happened to
me,” she posted Wednesday morning on Facebook above a picture of herself in a Supergirl costume.

Here’s why the heroic costume is in order: Williams claims she had been watching a suspicious character loitering near her table, and reacted with lightning-fast reflexes when she saw the creep grab her phone and take off.

“Not thinking I reacted (hence the superwoman photo),” she wrote on the Facebook page, which quickly got thousands of comments. “I jumped up, weaved my way in and out of the cozy restaurant (leaping over a chair or two) and chased him down
The alleged thief failed to outpace the Olympian.

“I was too fast. (Those sprints came in handy) I was upon him in a flash!” Williams boasted. “Superhero? Maybe? Or HELL YEA!! I’ve got the speed the jumps, the power, the body, the seduction, the sex appeal, the strength, the leadership and yet the calm to weather the storm.”

Williams said she confronted the pickpocket and made him hand over her stolen property. She said he stammered that it was a mistake because it was “so confusing” inside the busy eatery.

“When I got back into the restaurant I received a standing ovation. I was proud. I just showed every man in there I can stand up to bully’s [sic] and other men. It was a win for the ladies!” she said.



Serena Williams' Grand Slam titles
View gallery
After sharing the post on Twitter, supermodel and friend Gigi Hadid tweeted back, “Not surprised, queeeeen.”

The alleged crook is lucky Williams isn’t taking him to court.

“Just because you are a lady don’t be afraid to step up to any challenge and not be a victim but a hero,” she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlight

My life under threat

 The human right activist, convener of #revolutionnow and formal presidential candidate in Nigeria,

Major news of all time