Cindy Crawford retires.

Once the world's highest-paid model,
Cindy Crawford is retiring.

The supermodel, who turns 50 in
February, told United Airline’s Rhapsody
magazine that her days on the catwalk
have officially gone to the dogs.
"I feel like I'm allowing
that to have been
great, and I'm celebrating it. And I'm
sure I'll have my picture taken for 10
more years, but not as a model anymore.
And that's OK," she told the magazine in
its February cover issue. “I've done it.
I've worked with all these incredible
photographers. What else do I need to
do?"
Cindy Crawford was named the highest
paid model in 1995 by Forbes magazine.
Crawford, who has two kids with
restauranteur and George Clooney
confidante Rande Gerber, has since
passed the torch to her daughter, Kaia,
14, who is also on her way to becoming
a top model.
In September, Crawford released an
autobiography, "Becoming" where she
opened up about being bullied as a teen,
notably for her trademark facial mole,
which some classmates said looked like
she had chocolate on her face.
Her career took off in the early '90s
shortly after she was discovered by a
model scout in Dekalb, Ill., at age 16.
The brunette beauty was married to
actor Richard Gere from 1991 - 1995.
She has appeared on multiple fashion
magazines covers, hosted a gig on
MTV's "House of Style" and starred in
the movie "Fair Game." By 1995, she
was the world’s top-paid model, earning
$6.5 million per year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlight

My life under threat

 The human right activist, convener of #revolutionnow and formal presidential candidate in Nigeria,

Major news of all time