Tale of 3 Nollywood damsels who dumped their boyfriends

Beautiful, chic, talented and sexy, are the
words to describe these three Nollywood
damsels, Lizzy Gold Onuwaje, Chiamaka
Nwokeukwu and Peggy Onah.



They have
absolutely nothing in common except for
their passion to make names for themselves
in the make-believe world. So strong is their
passion they would not allow anything to
stand in their ways – including love! Hear
their stories:


















He said girls in Nollywood don’t stay in
marriages — Lizzy Gold Onuwaje

Lizzy Gold Onuwaje isn’t new to the world of
show business. Her foray into the make-
believe world started in 2006, when she won
the Delta State Pageant as Miss Delta State.

Then she tried her hands at the Most
Beautiful Girl in Nigeria Pageant (MDGN)
where she emerged as the second runner-
up.

Like most of her peers who had the undying
passion to get into acting, Lizzy had hers
too, but it didn’t go well with her boyfriend at
the time.

“Initially, he was very skeptical about it. He
said girls in Nollywood don’t stay in
marriages. To me, it depends on individuals.
I don’t think it’s true, because so far, some
people like Omotola have kept their
marriages. But he saw that I was very
passionate about it when I went as far as
attending an acting school in Lagos, so he let
me be. I told him, it’s either he allowed me
do my acting or he let me be. So he allowed
me do my acting” she said.

But Lizzy was quick to add that it wasn’t
really her acting that made her drop the guy,
rather because he was not measuring up to
her standard as a man.

“The affair didn’t crash because I went into
acting;. The basic truth is he doesn’t have
money; so I decided to end the relationship. I
dumped him in 2013 because he didn’t have
much in terms of money and he didn’t have
any push for my kind of man”.

He believed I would be snatched from him —
Peggy Onah






























Pretty, sexy and busty Peggy Onah, has
come to find her place in the competitive
movie industry by sheer hard work and
talent. Unlike most ‘wannabes’ in the
industry, who would pull off their clothes to
flaunt what mother nature has endowed them
with at the drop of a hat, Peggy would rather
want to keep them on. Though she’s heavily
endowed in the chest region, the Enugu State
University graduate of Mass
Communications believes her boobs
shouldn’t be her calling cards.

Though not yet what you would call a
popular item but Peggy has got it going and
hardly stays out of jobs. She opened up to
Potpourri recently that her boyfriend almost
chequered her ambition but she resolved to
follow her heart and what her heart told her
was “ run, run, run”.

“ I don’t know how most men perceive the
world of acting. It isn’t the way they see it.
They believe anybody going into acting
would be soiled by greed and wantonness.
My boy friend believed I would be snatched
away from him. He asked me to quit and I
was just beginning to pursue my acting
career. I couldn’t quit, besides, if he really
loved me, he would have stayed.

I can
sacrifice my career when I’ve achieved my
dream in the industry. But now that I’m still
striving to hit the top, I can’t sacrifice it,”
she said.

He was scared I would become wild –
Chiamaka Nwokeukwu

Vulnerably beautiful and sexy, Chiamaka
Nwokeukwu, isn’t a household name in
Nollywood. But the fair-complexioned
actress is very much on her way as she is
having the best run of good streak in her
career. Her top draw performance in the film,
Chinelo, The Shy Virgin, opened not only
another vista in her career but also earned
her an AFRIFIMO awards in the United States
of America.

She is, as they say, on the easy street, but
this would probably not have come her way
if she had listened to her boyfriend who tried
all means to dissuade her from going into
acting.

















Chiamaka once told me in an interview, “Yes
I dumped him for Nollywood because he
doesn’t want me to be a star. He doesn’t
want me to follow up my career and he has
not proposed to me. The guy can leave me
tomorrow and now that I have the
opportunity, I need to follow up. God blessed
everybody with talent. It’s not easy to have
talent, most people cannot act and when you
have the zeal and you can do something, you
have to use it well. It’s normal for a boy and
girl to meet and if you really love your girl,
you would let her go into what she wants.

When I get married, automatically, if my
husband says he doesn’t want me to act
again, I will not act again, as long as he’s
taking care of me” she said.

Continuing, “He was telling me that he
doesn’t want me to act, that I’m a very nice
person, I’m humble, that when I go into the
industry, I’ll meet big people and I’ll become
wild and be doing different things. He didn’t
even want me to start. Immediately I went
for my first shoot, he said, `I think you don’t
like me’. I said, I like you but let me try it
first. This might be where God wants me to
be”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlight

My life under threat

 The human right activist, convener of #revolutionnow and formal presidential candidate in Nigeria,

Major news of all time