Timaya, Klint ‘D Drunk, Maleke, Bovi shut down Okere for Warri billionaire













*Timaya













Bovi Ugboma



By Egufe Yafugborhi
WARRI—FOR Warri billionaire and symbol of
Itsekiri youth leadership, Chief Ayirimi
Emami, no amount of wealth and fame can
make him forfeit the street sense and life he
had embraced from childhood, especially in
the tough neighborhood of Okere community
where he was born and bred.
For this reason as he turned 40, penultimate
Sunday, he did not choose his palatial Ubeji
home or some five -star hotel in town as the
spot to draw together his family and friends
to share the bliss of the anniversary.
He instead hosted the high and mighty from
far near present on the occasion to a show
stopping street party, which practically shut
down Okere from dusk to the dawn of last
Monday. Before the birthday bash exploded
in funfair, the Akulagba of Warri kingdom
unveiled a new filling station at Ugbuwangue,
Warri, where he started the carnival on a
note of philanthropy, dispensing free petrol
and kerosene to the first 40 persons that
queued for the products.
Oritsejafor leads church service
The filling station was declared open in
prayers by the Assistant Pastor at the Word
of Life Bible Church, Oloyede Adeokan,
where the celebrant joined by his wife, Asba,
two children and other well wishers, held
thanksgiving to mark his birthday with the
church’s founder and President, Christian
Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo
Oritsejafor, leading the service.
I’m a street person
Chief Emami told Niger Delta Voice, “Every
birthday has its thrills for me. This year as it
coincides with the opening of this new fuel
outlet, we are giving free petrol to the first 40
cars and kerosene, particularly for the
women. “It has been good and eventful living
through birth towards 40, it has been quite
interesting and I give God all the glory. Now
40, I sincerely hope it will be merrier and I
still have quite a lot I want to do and
achieve.”
Before
nightfall of
same day, the
Okere Market
Roundabout
was wearing
new look with
a stage set
for a night of
quality
entertainment
in the
atmosphere
of plenty to
eat and drink.
“I celebrate personal events like this on the
street. That is me, a street person. I like to
flow with the crowd where I can be free to
mingle with my people,” Ayiri said of the
merriment that climaxed his 40th birthday
celebration.
In the cast entertainers, who thrilled the
crowd were Dan Driver, Timaya, 911 Band,
Solid Star and Maleke, while I Go Dye, I Go
Save, Bovi and Klint The Drunk cracked
guests’ ribs with stand-up comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlight

My life under threat

 The human right activist, convener of #revolutionnow and formal presidential candidate in Nigeria,

Major news of all time