Why I want to buy Arsenal — Aliko Dangote

Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, has said
he still wants to buy Arsenal despite failing
in a 2010 bid to acquire a stake in the club.
The Nigerian billionaire is now worth nearly
eight times as much as when he tried to buy
into the Gunners, and the passionate
Gooners has not given up on his dream of
getting involved with the north London club.



“I still hope, one day at the right price, that
I’ll buy the team,” Dangote, 58, told
Bloomberg.
“I might buy it, not at a ridiculous price but a
price that the owners won’t want to resist,”
he continued, before ominously adding, “I
know my strategy.
Interestingly, Dangote has publically stated
that Arsene Wenger “needs to change his
style a bit,” claiming the team “need new
direction.”
Dangote – valued at over US$15billion – is
worth more than both Arsenal majority
shareholder Stan Kroenke and Uzbek
Billionaire Alisher Usmanov, who have been
fighting for control at the Emirates in recent
years.
But his bid to take over the club won’t be
coming immediately, with the cement and
commodities tycoon wanting to get his
portfolio of businesses in order first.
“We have $16 billion-worth of investments in
the next few years,” he said. “Right now I
want to take my own business to a certain
level. Once I finish on that trajectory, then
maybe”
Majority owner Kroenke recently bought
more shares in Arsenal, and is not believed
to have any interest in selling the club

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlight

My life under threat

 The human right activist, convener of #revolutionnow and formal presidential candidate in Nigeria,

Major news of all time