A woman jump to death from Colombia university borm

A 33-year-old new mom jumped to her death from a Columbia University dorm early Monday after her student husband tried in vain to hold her back, sources told the Daily News.

“The husband tried to keep her from jumping,” a police source said of victim Jiyunu Kim.

The fatal plunge from
the sixth floor happened just before 5 a.m. at a building on W. 120th St. near Amsterdam Ave.


"I was kind of half of sleeping. I heard a woman screaming and a man screaming. Part of the screaming was coming from outside. We thought it was a domestic abuse situation. So we went out and dialed 911,” neighbor Erin Lobb, 26, told The News.

"I just saw her in the elevator," she said. "I saw them with a baby sometimes."

The victim was rushed to St. Luke's Hospital where she died at 5:24 a.m., police said.

Investigators interviewed husband Donghan Kim, 27, after his wife was found face-up on the ground outside.

Sources said he's a graduate student at the private Ivy League university.

A friend and neighbor looking after the tragic couple’s infant daughter described Kim as a loving mom who gave birth in the last four months.

"She was a very caring mother. She cared deeply about her family, her husband and her daughter,” the friend said.

"I just spoke to (the husband) briefly on the phone. Obviously, it's a tragedy. I'm not sure exactly where he is,” the friend said.

The shocked pal dismissed rumors that the couple bickered in the building.

"Never that I saw, never that I experienced. They lived right above us,” the friend said.

"They were both very new. My wife and her were close friends because they both have babies the same age,” the friend said.

"I know she just loved this little girl. They both did. She was a very sweet mother. I believe she was a stay-at-home (mom),” the friend who did not want to be identified said.

The victim was not affiliated with the school, other than being married to her husband, a Columbia source said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlight

My life under threat

 The human right activist, convener of #revolutionnow and formal presidential candidate in Nigeria,

Major news of all time